Monday, January 6, 2020

2020 Word of the Year + KERF’s Future

It’s time for the 2020 phrase of the yr, a convention I’ve carried out for the previous few years.

2020 Word Of The Year

2020’s phrase is VISION.

I’m trying far out, previous January and even 2020 and asking myself: Where do I need to go?

Advice From Smart Women

I’ve been listening to lots of nice podcasts by sensible ladies – Jenna Kutcher, Brooke Castillo, Gretchen Rubin, and their friends. They emphasize high quality over amount. They encourage working smarter, not more durable. They suggest outsourcing what you don’t love so you may concentrate on what you do. Jenna Kutcher particularly has been SO inspirational. I need to be extra like her. I’m not saying I want a multi million greenback empire, however I’m asking myself what classes I can take from Jenna and apply to my very own enterprise.

search engine optimization Is The Best And Worst

In the final quarter of 2019, I employed HashtagJeff, a number one Search Engine Optimization guru, to carry out an audit on KERF and provides me some recommendation on the best way to clear up my website. I’ve 12 years of posts – over 7,200!! Let me let you know it has been a course of. The web has drastically modified since I first began running a blog (as you guys know!) Blogs was once diaries. Now we’re anticipated to have useful resource facilities and write lengthy type content material that covers each angle of a subject. The sort of posts that KERF was based on, and the sort I get pleasure from writing, like a weekend recap, are thought-about “fluff.” They’re enjoyable for long-term weblog readers, however they do completely nothing to assist your web site develop. The excellent news is I’ve lots of older posts from 2013-2019 which have sensible and useful data. The dangerous information is nobody ever sees them as a result of they’re buried in my archives and never written so Google can learn them effectively. One of my targets this yr is to upcycle a few of these posts, add a 2020 spin based mostly on my present mindset, and provides them new life. Another purpose is to make KERF extra consumer pleasant so readers each new and previous can extra simply discover my content material. I repeat: search engine optimization is the perfect and worst!!

What course will KERF go?

KERF was constructed on amount over high quality. I used to jot down 21 “fluff” posts every week. People was once shocked after I mentioned I revealed thrice a day, however I at all times replied that my content material was auto generated – I used to be at all times consuming extra meals! The web revolved round banner advertisements again then, so amount was king. The extra you posted, the extra pageviews you website acquired, the more cash you made. (My pageviews peaked the week Mazen was born hitting over 2 million that month.)

These days, search engine optimization aka high quality, is king. Writing about day by day life is straightforward. Creating the sort of high quality content material that’s useful and offers worth takes a lot extra time. You can’t do each on the similar time with out maxing out your working hours or hiring a staff that can assist you. I don’t need to outsource my posts since you guys are right here for my voice not another person’s. Therefore, I’ve to sluggish my posting tempo so as to have the ability to present each high quality content material and catch KERF on top of things. I’m not going wherever, I’m simply shifting and evolving with the net phrase.

Those of you who’ve been studying about my life for 12 years – to not fear – I will nonetheless be writing about our lives and adventures. Just perhaps not as ceaselessly as regular. We will see. Plus there may be at all times Instagram for day by day life stuff. You can’t get far more actual than the sorts of issues present in Instagram Stories :mrgreen:

My Future Focus

I’ve taken lots of time these previous few months to think about what my area of interest is. If it’s not sharing each.single.meal. anymore, then what’s it? I’ve additionally requested myself what I like writing about probably the most. The two themes that I’ve settled on are: wholesome mindset and ease.

Healthy Mindset

This is the place actual meals and diet are available in. What I’ve at all times been drawn to is the psychology of wellness. What motivates us and the way can we flip selections into habits? Before changing into a Registered Dietitian, it wasn’t the micronutrients or physiology that me most. It was the aspect of diet that impacts conduct change and motivation. How does our mindset affect our well being?

Simplicity

This is the umbrella time period for all of my different favourite subjects: Home Neat Home, parenting, life hacks, budgeting, clear magnificence, work-life steadiness, leisure time, even vogue. My mind craves simplicity like I crave kale and oatmeal.  How can we steadiness easy with the chaos of on a regular basis life? How can we work and play smarter, not more durable? How can we create a house area that feels calm and orderly and enjoyable? How can we prepare dinner and meal plan with out spending all day within the kitchen?

How I Plan To Work Smarter

Usually after I sit right down to my laptop for a time frame, I’m waiting for the subsequent week and see 5 days of posts to fill. Often I’m so centered on a posting schedule that I rush by posts, desirous to verify them off the record. I discover myself overwhelmed and behind, which spills into time with my children. Rather than creating an inventory of posts that must go up on time to fill a calendar week (deadlines I created with no actual imaginative and prescient), I’d like to take a seat right down to a Three-Four hour block of labor time and work on no matter flows. If which means three posts for the subsequent week as a substitute of 5, then that’s what’s going to publish.

I additionally need to have time to work ON the weblog as effectively: cleansing up my website, making posts simpler to search out, search engine optimization optimizing and upcycling older content material. Plus aspect initiatives: creating considerate emails for my lists, presumably writing an e-book on dwelling group, mentoring my Beautycounter staff.

V I S I O N

All this boils right down to: we work to generate profits. But additionally to offer our lives objective. Where do I need to be in 5 years? 10 years? I’ve thought-about letting KERF fade away, however I made a decision that may be such a missed alternative. I’m within the thick of parenting younger kids proper now, which makes steadiness a bit extra difficult, however I LOVE THIS BLOG. And I like all of you. And to step again could be enjoyable for a minute after which I’m 100% certain I’d remorse it. So as a substitute of stepping again, I’m stepping ahead, with new sparkly glasses, and saying: Where can I am going that can be thrilling, significant, useful, purposeful, and enjoyable?

As at all times, I’d love your ideas, needs, requests, and encouragement! Please share within the feedback.

The post 2020 Word of the Year + KERF’s Future appeared first on Weight Loss Fitness.


Posted First on https://weightlossfitnesss.info

No comments:

Post a Comment