Saturday, January 18, 2020

Eats from the Week – fANNEtastic meals | Registered Dietitian Blog

Happy Friday! We had some good eats this week. 

Breakfasts

I used to be actually into avocado toast + hummus toast (identical as avocado toast, simply with hummus!) this week. Super filling!

Another breakfast Riese and I loved a pair occasions was banana bread with fried eggs and fruit. Another good, filling combo.

banana bread and eggs

Yesterday morning I had an excellent easy cinnamon roasted toast topped with almond butter, plain Greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, and walnuts. 

The walnuts added some good crunchy texture!

toast with nut butter yogurt and strawberries

Lunches

My favourite lunch of the week was yesterday, when Riese and I had a picnic on the playground!

We shared some veggies (carrot sticks + string beans), leftover tacky pasta with kale, leftover salmon and rooster, and a tough boiled egg. Plus some unpictured hummus (added to the bowl of pasta/protein as a result of it was just a little dry with out it) and clementines.

playground picnic

When I used to be pregnant with Riese, I bear in mind a good friend of mine who already had a toddler saying that when she turned a guardian the highs received increased and the lows received decrease, too – it was much more polar reverse feelings, typically altering in a short time. I discover that is so true for me, too.

On Tuesday night time, I used to be REALLY burned out and drained. It was gross exterior so we have been cooped up, Riese wakened early from her nap proper once I was in the course of making an attempt to get some work achieved, and we have been each simply irritable and bored. I used to be actually counting the minutes till Matt received residence and it was a type of afternoons that simply felt prefer it went on eternally. 

But yesterday morning, Riese and I have been on the playground and it was the entire reverse – she was chasing me round within the sunshine and I actually felt like my coronary heart may explode as a result of I used to be the luckiest particular person ever to get to be proper there in that second together with her. It was such a enjoyable morning and made me bear in mind how true my good friend’s remark has been for me!

Anyway – again to the meals.

Here’s one other lunch from this week: a wrap with tzatziki, leftover steak, arugula, and tomato. Riese had the identical factor however minus tomato (she hates tomato randomly) and minus the arugula which continues to be just a little laborious for her to chew. I lower the steak smaller for her, too!

wrap with steak, tzatziki, tomato, arugula

Dinners

One night time we had that tacky noodle dish with kale and salmon that I discussed beforehand. 

cheesy noodles with kale and salmon

Riese actually appreciated stripping the kale from the stems – stored her busy for awhile which was good as a result of this was the night time I used to be mentioning beforehand that each of us have been simply NOT in an amazing temper for. If there was one thing naughty for her to probably be doing, she was doing it. One of these nights!

On Wednesday night time I had a a lot wanted lady’s night time out – I met up with a gaggle of mother buddies to have a mini child “sprinkle” for 2 buddies who’re due with their second infants in a pair weeks. 

We met up at Evening Star Cafe, certainly one of my Del Ray faves. Service was suuuuper sluggish however the meals was delish as at all times. 

I used to be craving a salad and in addition a burger and fries, so I went with it! Beet salad with goat cheese, pomegranate arils, and hazelnuts (nice combo) to begin:

I had about half of the burger + fries and saved the remainder for an additional day as a result of the salad was really fairly filling/giant!

burger at evening star cafe

Another dinner from this week was at my good friend Kristin’s place – she had her second child a pair months in the past and I used to be signed as much as convey her meals (together with a playdate, as a result of her older daughter and Riese are buddies) a month in the past however her daughter was sick so we postponed to this week as an alternative.

Last time I used to be supposed to go to, I had all the pieces prepared for my Mexican Lasagna (I ended up making it for us as an alternative); this time I used to be too busy with work to get organized sufficient to do home made so I swung by Whole Foods and grabbed a rotisserie rooster, roasted potatoes, some veggies, and fruit for us all to share as an alternative.

I felt unhealthy I didn’t do something home made (I really feel like there’s strain since I’ve a meals weblog?! Self imposed strain anyway) but it surely labored and was actually enjoyable to see her and meet the brand new addition! (I went again for extra meals + fruit… this was part 1.)

I’ll depart you with a pair pictures from my run date this morning with my good friend Sokphal! 

I reeeeeally didn’t wish to rise up for this one (it was so chilly with the wind chill!), however as at all times I had a good time as soon as we have been on the market. 🙂

early morning reflecting pool run dc

The dawn was beautiful and we had the monuments to ourselves! I did some Instagram tales whereas we have been on the market if you wish to see the motion in video kind.

 

four miles achieved.

I additionally went to 2 further early HIIT/boot camp lessons this week with buddies… no photos as a result of I needed to rush residence after as a result of Matt had tremendous early conferences however I used to be glad to get in a lot of enjoyable social motion this week!

Have an amazing weekend and I’ll see you again right here on Monday. 

Faves this week from across the net:

The post Eats from the Week – fANNEtastic meals | Registered Dietitian Blog appeared first on Weight Loss Fitness.


Posted First on https://weightlossfitnesss.info

No comments:

Post a Comment